Friday, March 5, 2010

6 Mile Tempo Run/Book Character Parade

So this morning started a bit earlier than usual, the kids were so excited about the book character parade they were up at 4:45. Madison was the first one in the shower, she wanted her hair curled because she was dressing up as Fancy Nancy and Christian was Greg from "Diary of a Wimpy Kid". We had some oatmeal, I added some wheat germ to mine and we headed out the door by 7:15. The Parade got started at 8:30 and it was one of their best, this is one of my favorite activities.




As soon as the parade was over I got started with my 6 mile tempo run, Jackie and I were supposed to run toghether but she ended up spending time with her family. So I got it done and let me tell you the tempeture might be cool but the sun was shinning bright and it killed me, I was supposed to do a 1.5 mile warm up, 3miles under 25 mins, and 1.5 mile cool down. I ended up running my 3 miles in 27' so I went over :( Oh well at least I got my run in and I still finished in 53'07" and was back at Judson by 11. Kids had another minimum day : ( What is it with all this time off!!! Right after school we headed over to the spaghetti factory for some lunch, it was yummy!!!

1 comment:

  1. Awww...I missed this whole event :) Sorry. Good job on the tempo run. I'm hungry and need to be doing mine too. I might settle for the gym instead...oh man.

    ReplyDelete