Wednesday, March 31, 2010

At last I post!!!

So I've been a very bad blogger!!! My kids keep me so busy during the day and by the time they go to bed, I'm soooo tired I fall asleep. I need to find an easier way to blog. I will start off by saying that my training has been going really good. Jackie and I have been sticking to our schedule and getting our runs done. Last Friday we were doing a 5 mile recovery run we were on mile 2.5 when I tripped and fell right of my right knee, it was so painful all I could think of was that my training was going to be placed on hold, we were having a good run, talking next thing I know I'm on the floor holding on to my knee and wondering what I was going to do. Thankfully after holding on to it for a while, I stretched it out and realized I was going to be ok, 2 ladies from a nearby salon helped me out and gave me some band-aids and cortizone cream. We decided I should shake it off and finish our last 2.5 miles, I did it no problem.


Now I have a huge scab on my knee and I'm hoping it doesn't scar!!! But I am grateful that it was just bruised and not broken. The next day Saturday I was able to get up at 6AM and go fo a 12 mile run with our running team The Redlands Runegades, Knee was not a problem at all and I had a good run, at mile number 8 nature called and that turned out to be ok to since we were right by a park and was able to use a toilet this time around : ) I'm going to have to do something about that problem I swear everytime we run our long runs it get my metabolism going and I have to go right there and if theres no restroom in sight it becomes a problem. This coming Saturday we have a 13 mile run so I'm going to buy me some Immodium AD and take it before my run I'm hoping it will help the only concern I have is that it will cause constipation after. I guess it's a risk I'm willing to take, I hate having to panick on our long runs!! What's a runner to do? Wear Diaper!? Lol!! Yes I would!!! hehe!! J/k

So my life is pretty much consumed with my kids and my running that I haven't taken care of my self as far as looks go. Everyday is a different running outfit and tennis shoes with hair pulled up on a ponytail. All my wonderful, almost brand new jeans no longer fit, I haven't really lost any weight but I have toned up and slimed down BIG TIME!! what am I supposed to do, I had some jeans altered and taken in but they still don't fit right. I could go out and buy some jeans but I'm finding it very hard to go out and buy some, I just don't want to spend money on buying clothes but what am I going to do wear my running clothes everyday, I have been for the past 5 months. Today I went and got a much needed hair cut and some color, then I got my eyebrows waxed, that was a big step and I already feel better. Now all I need is a cute outfit!! Maybe a new running outfit : )

I'm super excited that I am putting together a running team for my kids elementary school, I'm having the kids sign up for an upcoming 5k on April 18. Jackie will be helping me with the kids so we get to play coach for the day. Yay!!! I can't wait to see how many kids I get.
My running groun The Redlands Runegades!!! When we first started running with this group I was always in the back trying to keep up, this last Saturday I was in the lead!!! I'm amazed at what Good Runners Jackie and I are becoming, and were going to get better!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment