Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Saturday Race Day


Saturday Morning was good, it all started with a pre race breakfast of oat meal with some wheat germ.
As soon as Jackie and Adriane dropped my mom off and my niece and 2 nephews off at my place we were off to our race. I love race days it gets my adrenaline going and it feels good. We started with a 1 mile warm up before the race started as soon as we got done with our warm up we rushed to the porta potty's but the lines were tooooo long and they only had 3 potty's that was no good the race was about to begin and we wanted to get back to the start line, we were desperate looking around wondering if we can sneak behind a bush but there was to many people around, we ended up going into the Hospitals lobby and sure enough they were letting us use their bathrooms. Jackie and I made it to the start line right on time!!!! We were treating this run as a tempo run. I was behind Jackie the whole time I was able to see her in front of me up until the lase 1/2 mile when a hill got me as soon as cleared the hill I knew I was almost done as soon as I turned the corner I decided I wanted to finish strong and sprinted towards the finish line and finished in 24'44" I knew that was a new PR for me, I was excited.

Our Post Race Picture
Jackie also set a PR for this race she finished in 23'46" that is amazing we were so happy at our new PR's, we were pretty confident that we placed in our age group. We hung around for a bit and had a few post race snacks a banana and yogurt for me, as soon as we were done we ran a 1 mile cool down. When we were done we joined Jackie's hubby and waited for our results we wanted to get free massages but the line wait was to long and we were anoyed by two guys behind us so we left. Right after that the award ceremony's began and sure enough Jackie place 2nd in her age group and I Placed 1st yes 1st place in my age group. Yay!!! we were so excited not only did we reach PR for ourselves we also place. I looked up my race results for a 5k 2 yrs ago and my time improved by over 10 mins. I was so happy!!


After the post race festivities I was off to my place and my monkeys, they were so happy their mommy placed 1st place. I got them ready and we went to In-N-Out to celebrate.
We then got ready and headed out to my cousins house to celebrate her sons birth day, It was a beautiful party but it was to damn cold all I could think of was coming home and crawling into my warm bed, we left as soon as the pinata and cake were done. We got home put on our comfy PJ's and it was off to bed. We had an early long run planned for Sunday. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment